Friday, February 8, 2013

Update to Research Methods Book

I posted a minor update to my Research Methods book back in January.  The price is the same, $10, and for anyone that bought an ebook, just email me and I will send you the PDF of the update.  I think that I already sent all purchaserse of the old verison (before January 1, 2013) an email with a link for the new version.  If you didn't get the email, just let me know and I can send it out to you.

Purchase once, get free updates for the foreseeable future - kind of like a lot of my favorite software.


Sure would be nice if the textbooks I use for class could issue my students updates.  Oh well, that is the advantage of an ebook.

Here is a list of the table of contents (and the starting page)

  1. Introduction  (1)
  2. Advice for New Researchers    (2)
  3. Literature Review Tools and Practices   (21)
  4. Statistics Refresher   (32)
  5. Survey Methods   (51)
  6. Multivariate Statistical Analysis  (75)
  7. Multidisciplinary Research Landscape  (92)
  8. The Use and Misuse of Graphical Figures   (99)
  9. Presenting Research   (106)
  10. Documenting Research  (119)

Chapter 7 - Multidisciplinary Research Landscape was contributed by Dr. Ntokozo S Mthembu of Industrial Development Corporation of SA Ltd and Vale University of Technology and Dr. Michael O Kachieng’a of the University of Pretoria.

I still have material to improve in various places.  Feel free to give it a try though.  It is just $10 and a PDF that you can read on desktops, laptops, or tablets and I'll be giving free updates at least for the next few years.



No comments:

Post a Comment